Making Academic Strides Towards Ensuring Readiness & Success
This unique curriculum is designed for our teachers to assess and document what each child has learned. These observations are the foundation of lesson planning which allows your child to progress naturally on their developmental path.
Typically, age is used as a general guideline when assessing a child's skills. The problem with using this guideline is that it does not allow for the variability of the skills, talents, and interests a child has. At Ivy Prep Early Learning Academy, we embrace each child's individuality, which is why activities in this curriculum contain multiple goals that relate to different developmental areas.
- Cognitive and General Knowledge—helping children become confident learners.
- Social and Emotional Development—helping children feel comfortable, experience pride, and self-confidence.
- Language, Communication, and Literacy— assisting children in becoming skillful speakers, writers, and readers.
- Approaches to Learning– understanding how a child learns best and how to communicate that knowledge.
- Physical Well Being, Health, and Motor Development—building gross and fine motor skills and learning to make good choices for well being.